Tuesday 1 October 2013

Halloween Test Drive #2

Well!  I'm back!  Sorry I haven't posted in so long, but I have been MUCHO sick and also pretty busy.  Had pneumonia a few weeks ago and then just picked up a nasty cold that I'm getting over, but I did manage to find the energy (and time!) last night to test out my Medusa makeup once again!  I got my contacts in the mail and applied some constructive criticism and suggestions to the look and I am REALLY pleased with how it turned out!  I still think it needs just a little tweaking before the big day and I will probably do it once more before Halloween, but I would not have regretted looking like this at a costume party :)


I used a different stocking than last time to achieve the snakeskin look with Kat Von D's Shadeshifter Shadow in On the Road.  Last time, the scales came out very diamond shaped, which was fine, but I think this looks more authentic.  I have an airbrush stencil coming in the mail, so I will be able to make it much more precise and bring the pattern down farther onto my forehead and connect it with my cheeks as well.  I used black gel liner for the overdrawn wing and pointed tear duct this time instead of pencil liner and shadow and the result is MUCH crisper and more intense.  I also used the gel liner to fill in and detail my brow (I made it a little hairy and crazy looking) covered with a waterproof mascara.  The contacts are just SICK in my opinion...they make the look!  I have seen contacts like this at Halloween stores and Spencer's, but they run around $40-$50, which is a little more than I want to pay for contacts for one-time use.  I did some searching online and found Coloured Contacts Hut, which had these contacts and SO many more for a much more reasonable price.  I think I paid around $20 for these?  Plus they have free worldwide shipping, which is rad.  The lips are a combo of black gel liner, Coloured Raine lipstick in Raunchy, Dior Shadow, and Too Faced Lip Injection Lip Gloss.  I have fangs for this look as well, but I wanted to catch the last of the natural light for the photographs (last time, the pics didn't come out so great), so I didn't have time to get them moulded :(  Let me know what you guys think of this look and please, please, PLEASE leave any suggestions or constructive criticism in the comments section...would love to hear from you :)  Stay Beautiful, lovelies!

Make-Up, not War,

Rain xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Hello Rain,
    I wasn't really sure how to get a hold of you so I hope this gets to you in time! My name is Jennifer, I have been following you on instagram and reddit and really admire your talent! I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! If you go to my blog you can find my post about it to find out how to accept the nomination and what not. :)

    http://blushandfuss.wordpress.com/2014/02/16/inspiration-du-semaine-vol-1-my-first-liebster-award/

    Best,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete