Thursday 19 September 2013

Halloween Test Drive

I have decided that this year I will be going as Medusa for Halloween!  I already have curly hair, so all I have to do is at snakes and some sick makeup and I will be good to go!  Since the makeup for Medusa is pretty detailed and involved (at least the kind I want to do), I decided that I would do a couple test runs before the day, so that I can perfect it and make sure it is on point.  Two nights ago, I tried it out for the first time!  The lighting in my house is just absolute CRAP after dark, so please excuse the crappy quality.  It is unfortunate because there is SO much more green and even a little red to the look that you can't see at all :(  It needs to be tweaked a bit for sure, but I am pretty happy with my first go at this type of theatrical application :)


I am extremely happy with how the lips turned out, especially because I made a concoction all my own!  I used Bobbi Brown Gel Liner for the black around the outside of the lips, Stila Smudge Stick in Moray topped with Dior Olive eyeshadow for the green in the center, then went over the very middle of the lips with QUO Electric Eyes Green Pencil, and just used a clear gloss over top!  The eyes are a little more smudgey than I wanted them to be.  I was going for a smudged, almost dirty look, but in hindsight, I think using sharper lines will make it look much better.  I completely winged the eyes, so I am proud even though they need work :)  I used Celebrity lashes from Sephora for this look.  For the scales, I used a gold cream shadow base topped with gold shadow.  Then, I took a piece of fishnet stocking and used a sponge to dab Kat Von D Shadeshifter shadow in On the Road to get the pattern :)

I picked up some fangs at a local Halloween store, but not the whole mouth kind.  I bought the single, press-on ones so that I don't ruin my makeup and I will still be able to talk throughout the night :p  I also bought some awesome reptilian contacts online.  I can't wait for them to get here so I can take another shot at the Medusa makeup with the FULL look!!!  Check them out! 


I would love to hear what you all think of this look and especially if you have any suggestions on how this could be improved!  Leave any tidbits in the comments section and I will always reply! Stay beautiful (and mildly creepy) this Halloween!

Make-Up, not War,

Rain xoxo


3 comments:

  1. Damn, I thought I was original wanting to be Medusa this year. I am going to steal parts of your make up though (scales). Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you! I like the second round a little better, but I'm going back and forth on the scales. Glad you like it! Happy Halloween! :)

      Delete
  2. Cool make-up!

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete